Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Another Interview + some scenes [spoiler]
Topic Started: 26 Apr 2014, 11:06 (5780 Views)
ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

Hahaha the one where he kisses her and leaves is like he's going " love you dont hate me bye" :)
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

xserpx
Dragon Egg

THIS IS SO CUTE! All the clips they show are so great (also America Ferrera is so freaking pretty in the interview, seriously). I'm intrigued by the fact Hiccup & Astrid don't actually call themselves boyfriend and girlfriend in the film, even though the website makes it really clear they're in a long-term relationship and everyone knows they're together; even Stoick ships them! IDK. Knowing Hiccup he's probably still amazed Astrid even talks to him, let alone kisses him occasionally.

I think my favourite thing is the smile Astrid gives Hiccup just before kissing him (the Itchy Island kiss). She looks at him with such affection, and it's adorable. Argh. That one scene will be worth the price of the cinema ticket!

Jendora
Hiccup's Girlfriend

I've watched this .gif so many times and I think I finally understand it. I'm thinking this may be the first time Hiccup ever initiates a kiss to Astrid. Most times, she kisses him and he kisses back. However, he is clearly the one doing the kissing in this scene.

My mind mentally slowed this down. Notice how both lean in to each other like they're going to kiss each other's lips. From Astrid's facial expressions, it looks as though she thinks this is what will happen too.

Then, at the last moment, he diverts and just delivers a quick kiss to her cheek. Notice here how Astrid looks confused by this. Her expression clearly reads as a "What the--?" and her eyes follow as Hiccup runs off.

Finally...the big question. Why did Hiccup leave so quickly? My guess is that he's nervous. He's already shown to get nervous and anxious at times. Knowing Astrid, maybe he was scared that she was going to punch him for showing affection. Usually, she seems to perform to be the one doing the kissing instead of receiving the kiss. In this scene, there is a serious role reversal and, though it seems like she's not going to care, Hiccup doesn't know this.

... Yeah...I needed something to do while I wait for the new movie to be released. Maybe I'll write some more Hiccstrid stories. This is good inspiration. XD

Coming Soon!!

AndyMay
[b][color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God[/color][/b]

I don't think it was the first time he initiated a kiss, I mean they've been together for 5 years!

But it's cool that you noticed she was expecting a kiss on the lips too. Every time I look at it I can't help but notice her lips.
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

Eret
....Son of Eret

xserpx
26 Apr 2014, 15:53
THIS IS SO CUTE! All the clips they show are so great (also America Ferrera is so freaking pretty in the interview, seriously). I'm intrigued by the fact Hiccup & Astrid don't actually call themselves boyfriend and girlfriend in the film, even though the website makes it really clear they're in a long-term relationship and everyone knows they're together; even Stoick ships them! IDK. Knowing Hiccup he's probably still amazed Astrid even talks to him, let alone kisses him occasionally.

I think my favourite thing is the smile Astrid gives Hiccup just before kissing him (the Itchy Island kiss). She looks at him with such affection, and it's adorable. Argh. That one scene will be worth the price of the cinema ticket!
They probably don't call themselves that just because theres never an appropriate time in the movie where that line of dialogue is necessary, since its obvious they're together without needing to say so.

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

I just cannot stop noticing the spit! :X
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

Rough_Tough
Macy the Mace, Tuffnut's Girlfriend

AuroraBorealis
26 Apr 2014, 22:48

LAUGHED AT THIS SCENE FOR NEARLY 24 HOURS! :D
Also, I didn't sleep well last night. I was imagining Astrid's reaction on the slobber. XD
Ruffnut: Yeah!!! The black sheep! No one can stop me now!

Tuffnut: Except for me. WE'RE ATTACHED, GENIUS.

*Tuffnut always crack me up!* :D

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

Rough_Tough
27 Apr 2014, 05:49
AuroraBorealis
26 Apr 2014, 22:48

LAUGHED AT THIS SCENE FOR NEARLY 24 HOURS! :D
Also, I didn't sleep well last night. I was imagining Astrid's reaction on the slobber. XD
I could not take that being stuck in my head. :X :blink:
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

HaddocksOrTails
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Jendora
26 Apr 2014, 17:48

I've watched this .gif so many times and I think I finally understand it. I'm thinking this may be the first time Hiccup ever initiates a kiss to Astrid. Most times, she kisses him and he kisses back. However, he is clearly the one doing the kissing in this scene.

My mind mentally slowed this down. Notice how both lean in to each other like they're going to kiss each other's lips. From Astrid's facial expressions, it looks as though she thinks this is what will happen too.

Then, at the last moment, he diverts and just delivers a quick kiss to her cheek. Notice here how Astrid looks confused by this. Her expression clearly reads as a "What the--?" and her eyes follow as Hiccup runs off.

Finally...the big question. Why did Hiccup leave so quickly? My guess is that he's nervous. He's already shown to get nervous and anxious at times. Knowing Astrid, maybe he was scared that she was going to punch him for showing affection. Usually, she seems to perform to be the one doing the kissing instead of receiving the kiss. In this scene, there is a serious role reversal and, though it seems like she's not going to care, Hiccup doesn't know this.

... Yeah...I needed something to do while I wait for the new movie to be released. Maybe I'll write some more Hiccstrid stories. This is good inspiration. XD
No way it was the first time, it was rather the millionth time. I assume since they are 20 now they have a serious relationship, probably they're even sort of engaged (at least in Stoick's eyes, but hey, he is the boss). I think they normally say good bye to each other with a kiss/ peck on the lips, hence Astrid's reaction but it Hiccup is simply in a hurry to.... I dunno to save the world or whatever. They seem to be very comfortable around each other.

https://www.fanfiction.net/~haddocksortails

Eret
....Son of Eret

HaddocksOrTails
27 Apr 2014, 07:20
Jendora
26 Apr 2014, 17:48

No way it was the first time, it was rather the millionth time. I assume since they are 20 now they have a serious relationship, probably they're even sort of engaged (at least in Stoick's eyes, but hey, he is the boss). I think they normally say good bye to each other with a kiss/ peck on the lips, hence Astrid's reaction but it Hiccup is simply in a hurry to.... I dunno to save the world or whatever. They seem to be very comfortable around each other.
Yeah, agreed. I think we're supposed to assume they're in a stable, mature and long term relationship by this point. If thats the case then they're way past the awkward first kiss stage.