Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Another Interview + some scenes [spoiler]
Topic Started: 27 Apr 2014, 17:57 (5775 Views)
HaddocksOrTails
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Quote:

Yeah, agreed. I think we're supposed to assume they're in a stable, mature and long term relationship by this point. If thats the case then they're way past the awkward first kiss stage.
Yeah, these are pretty casual kisses. I'll just assume they started goofying around when they became 16 or 17, because that's what usually happens with people and I think they have a very healthy and stable relationship.

https://www.fanfiction.net/~haddocksortails
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Gh3ttoKinG.

[color=red]
[b]Mr. Insane Insanity
[/b]
[/color]

Jendora
26 Apr 2014, 17:48

I've watched this .gif so many times and I think I finally understand it. I'm thinking this may be the first time Hiccup ever initiates a kiss to Astrid. Most times, she kisses him and he kisses back. However, he is clearly the one doing the kissing in this scene.

My mind mentally slowed this down. Notice how both lean in to each other like they're going to kiss each other's lips. From Astrid's facial expressions, it looks as though she thinks this is what will happen too.

Then, at the last moment, he diverts and just delivers a quick kiss to her cheek. Notice here how Astrid looks confused by this. Her expression clearly reads as a "What the--?" and her eyes follow as Hiccup runs off.

Finally...the big question. Why did Hiccup leave so quickly? My guess is that he's nervous. He's already shown to get nervous and anxious at times. Knowing Astrid, maybe he was scared that she was going to punch him for showing affection. Usually, she seems to perform to be the one doing the kissing instead of receiving the kiss. In this scene, there is a serious role reversal and, though it seems like she's not going to care, Hiccup doesn't know this.

... Yeah...I needed something to do while I wait for the new movie to be released. Maybe I'll write some more Hiccstrid stories. This is good inspiration. XD
I know why he leaves so quickly (I read the Q&A from Tumblr). But I don't want to spoil (and it's hard to resist) xD

Eret
....Son of Eret

Gh3ttoKinG.
28 Apr 2014, 02:32
Jendora

I've watched this .gif so many times and I think I finally understand it. I'm thinking this may be the first time Hiccup ever initiates a kiss to Astrid. Most times, she kisses him and he kisses back. However, he is clearly the one doing the kissing in this scene.

My mind mentally slowed this down. Notice how both lean in to each other like they're going to kiss each other's lips. From Astrid's facial expressions, it looks as though she thinks this is what will happen too.

Then, at the last moment, he diverts and just delivers a quick kiss to her cheek. Notice here how Astrid looks confused by this. Her expression clearly reads as a "What the--?" and her eyes follow as Hiccup runs off.

Finally...the big question. Why did Hiccup leave so quickly? My guess is that he's nervous. He's already shown to get nervous and anxious at times. Knowing Astrid, maybe he was scared that she was going to punch him for showing affection. Usually, she seems to perform to be the one doing the kissing instead of receiving the kiss. In this scene, there is a serious role reversal and, though it seems like she's not going to care, Hiccup doesn't know this.

... Yeah...I needed something to do while I wait for the new movie to be released. Maybe I'll write some more Hiccstrid stories. This is good inspiration. XD
I know why he leaves so quickly (I read the Q&A from Tumblr). But I don't want to spoil (and it's hard to resist) xD
yeah please dont, or if you do, put it under a cut please

FuriousKnight
Knight of Fury

Gh3ttoKinG.
Jendora

And what Q&A is that, may I ask?

Gh3ttoKinG.

[color=red]
[b]Mr. Insane Insanity
[/b]
[/color]

FuriousKnight
28 Apr 2014, 04:31
Gh3ttoKinG.
People ask someone on Tumblr, who has seen the 1st hour of HTTYD2. And wherever possible they got their answer. And there is a summary of the 1st hour.
If you really want to read it I can give you the Tumblr link via PM (but I think it was already posted somewhere here in fourm)

FuriousKnight
Knight of Fury

Gh3ttoKinG.
28 Apr 2014, 10:43
FuriousKnight
Gh3ttoKinG.
People ask someone on Tumblr, who has seen the 1st hour of HTTYD2. And wherever possible they got their answer. And there is a summary of the 1st hour.
If you really want to read it I can give you the Tumblr link via PM (but I think it was already posted somewhere here in fourm)
On second thoughts, I swore to myself that wouldn't spoil myself by reading anything regarding the first hour and that I'd wait for May 13.

So I say nay to your tempting offer!

Eret
....Son of Eret

It is so hard to resist though XD

Rough_Tough
Macy the Mace, Tuffnut's Girlfriend

Gh3ttoKinG.
FuriousKnight
Gh3ttoKinG.
I want to read it. I really don't care about spoilers. :D

Ruffnut: Yeah!!! The black sheep! No one can stop me now!

Tuffnut: Except for me. WE'RE ATTACHED, GENIUS.

*Tuffnut always crack me up!* :D

HaddocksOrTails
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Gh3ttoKinG.
FuriousKnight
Gh3ttoKinG.
Eh, this is so wrong :-z I mean the person or persons shouldn't share these pieces of information. I work in an industry where from time to time I have to keep my mouth shut and it has never ever occured to me that I should spoil other people's fun for 15 minutes of popularity or whatnot.
https://www.fanfiction.net/~haddocksortails

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

People are asking this person questions, he or she is answering them, and it's all staying on one site. How is that ruining anyone's fun? These people want to know these things.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.