Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Httyd... 4?
Topic Started: 17 May 2014, 15:35 (9871 Views)
Astrid
Gronckle

AndyMay
17 May 2014, 19:30
Astrid
17 May 2014, 19:28
If while making Httyd3 they realise it's 4h long then yes I can accept a httyd4 that will be the second half of httyd3. But if they want to go with a completely different story I'm more reluctant to the idea.
The only idea for a new movie i would like it's one from toothless point of view, some sort of prequel to know how was his life before meeting hiccup and what happened to his fellow night furies. Now if they ever go with this idea I would love if they make this a sort of mute movie, with no real "dialogue" and only the dragons sounds and expressions. I think that could make a beautiful film (sort of like Wall-E before he goes to the ship). But at the same time they could release toothless story as a short movie too.
I like that idea. I mean, WALL-E has proven that dialogue isn't required to make a great movie. So It'd be pretty cool to see something like that again!
You don't know how much I crave for something like this with only the dragons, and watching in the trailers how their movements, expressions and sounds are so alive, it would be glorious. (Also because I'm kind of mad that toothless has so many interactions with stormfly or cloudjumper or other dragons and they all are in the background while the human characters are talking)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Astrid
If while making Httyd3 they realise it's 4h long then yes I can accept a httyd4 that will be the second half of httyd3.
I highly doubt that. Otherwise DeBlois wouldn't denied to be director of a 4th part.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Astrid
Gronckle

Zer0x
17 May 2014, 19:37
Astrid
If while making Httyd3 they realise it's 4h long then yes I can accept a httyd4 that will be the second half of httyd3.
I highly doubt that. Otherwise DeBlois wouldn't denied to be director of a 4th part.
He denied already? I thought he hadn't make any comment for now. But if that's the case then yes httyd3 should be the end of the story for hiccup and toothless. (but the prequel i was talking about it's still tempting)

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Gedx
17 May 2014, 19:34
maybe if they do "Toothless: origins" the story can expand very well, with dragons talking in dragonese with subtitles B-)
Why subtitles? In Rio it works without them. When it is the POV of the animals they speak normal english, but when it switches to the humans they sound like birds.
The language of the dragons could be based mainly on facial expressions and little noises.
UNAMUSED

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Astrid
17 May 2014, 19:40
Zer0x
17 May 2014, 19:37

He denied already? I thought he hadn't make any comment for now.
Okay, I used the wrong words. I mean he would have accepted immediaty if it was part of his originaly planned story.
UNAMUSED

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

If the director is saying he isn't on board with it then DreamWorks shouldn't do it.

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

AndyMay
17 May 2014, 18:44
People need to bear in mind that just because it's a fourth film it doesn't mean it has to take place after HTTYD 3. Hell, it doesn't even need to be with Hiccup!
Do you mean like the fourth one can be about rediscovering dragons after they're presumed extinct? That would be really cool if they did that!
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

MissunyNightFury
17 May 2014, 20:17
AndyMay
17 May 2014, 18:44
People need to bear in mind that just because it's a fourth film it doesn't mean it has to take place after HTTYD 3. Hell, it doesn't even need to be with Hiccup!
Do you mean like the fourth one can be about rediscovering dragons after they're presumed extinct? That would be really cool if they did that!
Ooo I actually like the sound of that.
After all, the skrill was preserved in ice for Thor knows how long, who's to say that couldn't happen again? :P
I usually hate spin offs that don't include the original cast, but I'd be really intrigued to see how this would pan out. 'How To Train Your Dragon .. in the 21st Century' xD

I also like the ideas about a possible prequel just with the dragons. Films don't need lots of dialogue to be good, as proved with WALL-E. Plus DreamWorks & John Powell already know how to make scenes featuring purely good animation and a wonderful soundtrack, so they could surely do that on a larger scale ^.^

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

thescienceofmagic
17 May 2014, 16:05
Quote:

Jeffrey Katzenberg, chief executive officer of DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc. (DWA), wants to extend the “How to Train Your Dragon” series to a fourth film. His director, Dean DeBlois, isn’t on board yet.
Check out the article here

What do you guys think?
Personally I'm not too keen. We all know that DreamWorks gets a little carried away with sequels (*cough* Shrek *cough* Madagascar) and I just don't want it to be squeezed out into another film just for the sake of it. If Dean believes it should be a trilogy, and has ideas of how it can all nicely wrap up then why ruin that? I mean, yes I would love the franchise to stay alive after HTTYD3 but I'd rather it be left as a really good trilogy than four films that got a bit rubbish towards the end.
I would really hate for HTTYD to suffer from ESS *excessive sequel syndrome*.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

And I was feeling so good...

I have just one thing to say to this:

No. Just no.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.