Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Theories On How HTTYD2 Will Go
Topic Started: 19 May 2014, 18:35 (4963 Views)
LadyNightFury
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

MissunyNightFury
19 May 2014, 20:51
LadyNightFury
19 May 2014, 17:07
This is what I think will happen. It is all online, so there will be spoilers, but I am going to make it all hidden in case you don't want to read something:
Spoiler: click to toggle

Read and let me know what you think :) I admit, I m obsessed with this movie and cannot wait to see it in theaters! Regardless of all the spoilers, I know I am going to love it and I will go back to see it a few times in the theater. I am actually glad for all the clips and spoiler because I will be able to focus more on savoring all the magnificent visuals and music.
That is not a bad summery! To be honest,(please don't take this in a offensive way) I don't think Toothless will actually kill Stoick. It just seems too dark. But that's just me.:)
What do you think will happen with Valka and Eret?
No offense taken ... that just seems to be the consensus among the Cannes premiere reviews, if you read between the lines. I hope that is not true. Like I said, I am glad I am going in knowing this in advance so I don't get upset when I see it and enjoy the movie for its amazing visuals and music. etc. Also ...
I do hope they shed more light in Toothless back story. So far it seems he is the only night fury. There are lots of spoiler about Hiccup, and not very many about Toothless and if there are other night furies. It was a cool story they played with in the cartoon show and I hope they say something about it. .
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

LadyNightFury
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Also, I think Eret will join the Hairy Hooligans in Berk and become a dragon rider. I think Valka will leave and keep searching for dragons in need. Seems, from the HTTYD wiki (I haven't read the books) that her counterpart in the books was always away traveling on her quests to defend and protect dragons.

LadyNightFury
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Also, I think Eret will join the Hairy Hooligans in Berk and become a dragon rider. I think Valka will leave and keep searching for dragons in need. Seems, from the HTTYD wiki (I haven't read the books) that her counterpart in the books was always away traveling on her quests to defend and protect dragons.

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

LadyNightFury
19 May 2014, 22:35
MissunyNightFury
19 May 2014, 20:51
LadyNightFury
19 May 2014, 17:07
This is what I think will happen. It is all online, so there will be spoilers, but I am going to make it all hidden in case you don't want to read something:

Read and let me know what you think :) I admit, I m obsessed with this movie and cannot wait to see it in theaters! Regardless of all the spoilers, I know I am going to love it and I will go back to see it a few times in the theater. I am actually glad for all the clips and spoiler because I will be able to focus more on savoring all the magnificent visuals and music.
That is not a bad summery! To be honest,(please don't take this in a offensive way) I don't think Toothless will actually kill Stoick. It just seems too dark. But that's just me.:)
What do you think will happen with Valka and Eret?
No offense taken ... that just seems to be the consensus among the Cannes premiere reviews, if you read between the lines. I hope that is not true. Like I said, I am glad I am going in knowing this in advance so I don't get upset when I see it and enjoy the movie for its amazing visuals and music. etc. Also ...
I do hope they shed more light in Toothless back story. So far it seems he is the only night fury. There are lots of spoiler about Hiccup, and not very many about Toothless and if there are other night furies. It was a cool story they played with in the cartoon show and I hope they say something about it. .
I really don't think that's true. Can you see DW, or any company for that matter, market this movie to kids if the main good character kills another good character? It would be hard to watch Toothless, one of the cutest characters in film, murder Stoick, even if it was unintentional. If he killed Drago, then it would be fine. That might not make sense, but in most media, we want to see the bad guy get his in the end. If I saw Toothless kill Stoick, I know I would be very upset and would probably stop enjoying the film. Others can argue with me, but I'm going by what I've seen in other movies and TV shows. From a marketing and story-telling point of view, it would make no sense at all. I've looked at one of the books promoting the film today at the store, and what it looks like to me, this isn't going to happen. I wouldn't worry.

With him becoming the new alpha, I think it'll be cool. It does seem weird that he didn't become "queen," but that wouldn't have made any sense.(It would be weird calling a male monarch a queen) Plus, it could be that these dragons(the ones who live with Valka) want him to be their leader. It doesn't make sense, but whatever. Just as long as it's cool.:)
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

LadyNightFury
19 May 2014, 22:39
I would like it if they did that with Eret. I find the idea of adding a new member to the team very exciting.(I'm very character-oriented) I have a feeling they'll do that. I don't know if anyone would agree, but I think it'll be hilarious if he does fall for Ruff, and then all three guys are fighting over her. XD

Again, this is just me, but I would like to see Valka come and live with them. It would be really sweet to see her and Stoick be remarried. But that's just me, I really like it when they add new characters.(Plus I like happy endings.:3)
If they didn't do that, I would be disappointed, but I would be ok with it.:)
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

LadyNightFury
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I really wish that bad plot point is not true! I really do!! I love Stoic and Toothless and the relationship they had in the cartoon series was so fun to watch. But have you guys seen the new Eret clip? Seems like they go looking for Drago and that is why he finds out about the dragon riders. Cannot wait for this movie any more!! Spoilers only make me want to go see it even more :)

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

LadyNightFury
20 May 2014, 23:24
I really wish that bad plot point is not true! I really do!! I love Stoic and Toothless and the relationship they had in the cartoon series was so fun to watch. But have you guys seen the new Eret clip? Seems like they go looking for Drago and that is why he finds out about the dragon riders. Cannot wait for this movie any more!! Spoilers only make me want to go see it even more :)
I really doubt it's true. I think that would be the worst plot twist you could make. I doubt any of us would like it, but can you image how a little kid would react? They would be destroyed if they saw Toothless commit murder. I know the film is suppose to be darker, but I seriously can't see this rumor being true. It would just go too far.

I liked the Eret and Ruff clip. I thought it was funny!

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

Discussion of the likelihood of the rumor alluded to in this thread being true follows:
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

KentuckyWildcat
21 May 2014, 01:02
Discussion of the likelihood of the rumor alluded to in this thread being true follows:
I don't know, I still prefer to wait and see. I personally don't like the idea. I can see him maybe injuring Stoick, but killing him is too disturbing. I rather wait and see what happens.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

KentuckyWildcat
21 May 2014, 01:02
I enjoy that DW is doing this since war ain't some kind of pick and choose life style. People WILL die in war even the ones you like and even by friends. So stop overreacting 'cause you think he is innocent and can't ever do that because I like it better that way.