Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Any Northern California Dragons Fans!
Topic Started: 25 May 2014, 20:41 (9449 Views)
chimuelo
Blacksmith Apprentice

nfpuppeteer
25 May 2014, 19:57
Saw this on Fandango... No locations yet as far as I could see.

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON Double Feature
The Training is over, but the magic continues. Soar through the skies with the heroic Viking Hiccup and his trusty dragon Toothless, via a HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON double feature on Thursday, June 12. Relive the first thrilling first chapter, HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON, at 6pm, and then be among the first to see the all-new HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2, at 8pm – all for one low price. Both films are rated PG.
Oh man, that sounds wonderful. I never got to see HTTYD1 on the big screen, and right before the second one? Irresistible. :wub:
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

IcelandicEel
Administrator

nfpuppeteer

The Training is over, but the magic continues. Soar through the skies with the heroic Viking Hiccup and his trusty dragon Toothless, via a HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON double feature on Thursday, June 12. Relive the first thrilling first chapter, HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON, at 6pm, and then be among the first to see the all-new HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2, at 8pm – all for one low price. Both films are rated PG.
So maybe either Redwood City or Cupertino, depending on which ones end up showing the double feature?

I also put this meet-up on Dragonmeet so people can find it. I really should make it possible for people to generate links that zoom in right to their meet-up, but for now: dragonmeet.tumblr.com
Did someone say... dragons?

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

IcelandicEel
26 May 2014, 21:00
nfpuppeteer

So maybe either Redwood City or Cupertino, depending on which ones end up showing the double feature?

I also put this meet-up on Dragonmeet so people can find it. I really should make it possible for people to generate links that zoom in right to their meet-up, but for now: dragonmeet.tumblr.com
If AMC 16 is showing this on Thursday I will try to force my father to bring me and my sister to come. Other wise I will come alone and that would stink.

I hope AMC 16 is showing it...

chimuelo
Blacksmith Apprentice

IcelandicEel
26 May 2014, 21:00
Sounds good to me. Cupertino's my local theater so that would be super convenient, but I should be able to get to Redwood City if we end up meeting there.

IcelandicEel
Administrator

Awesome! I can't wait to meet you! :)

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Soooo... Has this showing been decided? Are people planning on it? Are you getting tickets already? I would absolutely love to see this movie with a bunch of really excited Dragons fans, and am entertaining the idea of joining you all. It's just a thought... Could I PayPal somebody to get a ticket to the showing, just in case I'm able to make it out there? Because that just sounds like so much fun.

No guarantees if I could actually get there. It would be worth reserving a ticket, though.

Let me know.

IcelandicEel
Administrator

We're definitely doing it (and you should come if you can!), although I'm not sure which theater yet. Going to a 3D double showing would be the most fun. You should be able to buy a ticket online, right?

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Oh, yeah! I could! Online it is.
Thanks for the encouragement. 3D double feature would be amazing.

toothymation
Dragon Egg

Discussed this with my buddy from work. I'm down for the 3D Double Feature!

Looking forward to see what you all (and the fandom) think of the film. :-)

nfpuppeteer
Puppeteer

As far as I can see, RWC and MV are playing 21/22JumpStreet double features but not Dragons. I'm so upset.
Cupertino isn't even showing Dragon in 3D on Thursday. I'll give it another couple days and call to confirm... But right now it looks like Thursday 8 at RWC is going to be the winner.