Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The Little Things
Topic Started: 27 Oct 2014, 09:11 (20917 Views)
hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

RealHousewifeofBerk
27 Oct 2014, 12:40
That scene on Eret's ship, before Astrid grabs him, when he was pacing back and forth and yelling at his crew, he said that they had "nothing to sell". Emphasis on sell. It kind of makes me think that, if Drago is paying him for the dragons, then money must really be no object for Drago. If you think about it, Drago really doesn't need to pay Eret, because Eret knows that if he doesn't bring back any dragons, then Drago "won't be understanding", implying that he will torture, injure, or possibly kill him. Shouldn't this be an incentive enough to bring back more dragons?

Unless the money is just funding any general expenses Eret has in operating his ships.
Drago might pay him in advance for weapons, traps and possibly crew. The reason he hurt Eret that time he showed up empty handed is probably because he basically threw everything Drago gave him out the window and there were no results, therefor, he is wasting money and weapons. I also remember when Eret brings Drago the rest of the riders he tells him that there is no need for extra charge, meaning he probably wants to show Drago humans are nothing to fear of and there is no need for more investment because of them.

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

During the itchy armpit scene, when Hiccup tells Astrid that his dad wants him to be the chief, she gets all excited, and then she says, "I mean, the map will have to wait, and I'll have to ride Toothless since you'll be so busy--" and then right there she stops and turns around, suddenly somber. I think she's afraid that she may have crossed some kind of line by even suggesting that she could replace Hiccup as Toothless's rider. Either that, or she realizes that that would be the reason why Hiccup wouldn't want to be chief, because he's worried that he wouldn't have enough time for Toothless.
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

DarkWing
Hatchling

When Astrid passes Hiccup the pencil and he spins it with his fingers

Pyr0mancer
Hatchling

At 13:44, when Hiccup and Astrid discover the destroyed fort. Hiccup looks back and seems say something, then Astrid also mouths something...

RealHousewifeofBerk
<3

When Gothi draws the symbol on Hiccup's forehead, her thumbnail is really overgrown. And she has tattoos on her arm and hand, which I didn't notice until then. Also, the fin on Hiccup's back is still sticking out when he kneels down. :)

And during the scene where Hiccup and Astrid meet Eret, and Hiccup is talking and Eret is just walking slowly, that little nod he gives to the people with the weapons on that ledge above. :eret:

LawOfTheSeas
Defender of Insanity and Master of Apologies

RealHousewifeofBerk
06 Nov 2014, 16:21
When Gothi draws the symbol on Hiccup's forehead, her thumbnail is really overgrown. And she has tattoos on her arm and hand, which I didn't notice until then. Also, the fin on Hiccup's back is still sticking out when he kneels down. :)
Symbolism, perchance?
With Valka saying that he has the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon, he gets the chief part with Gothi, and the fin represents his dragon side?
I may just be scraping the barrel a bit, but it seems to make sense.
I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?

HiccupxAstrid123
Member Avatar
Gronckle

RealHousewifeofBerk
10 Sep 2014, 15:34
nissi4eva
10 Sep 2014, 08:14
I dunno if anyone has noticed this:-
left leg gone
left tail fin gone
stoick pushes hiccup towards the left
left arm gone
left tusk gone
Everything is so oriented towards the left! :( ^) >:(
And Hiccup is left-handed. :blink:
Actually Hiccup could be ambidextrous, as seen on the posters for How to Train Your Dragon 2, Hiccup is seen with his flaming sword, Inferno, in both his right and left hands showing that he can wield it in either hands. Also, his shield alternates between his hands throughout Defenders of Berk. :hiccup: <3 :astrid:
HICCSTRID IS SOOOO CUTE

Pyr0mancer
Hatchling

After Toothless shoots his final blast on drago's bewilderbeast, he roars at the bewilderbeast, when he does, Hiccup looked extremely suprised (look at his face)

RealHousewifeofBerk
<3

During the Itchy Armpit scene, after Astrid falls on top of Hiccup, when she's helping him up, she only has to use one hand and still appears to be exerting no effort at all. I thought it was kind of a subtle way of showing how strong she is. :)

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

HiccupxAstrid123
13 Nov 2014, 13:45
RealHousewifeofBerk
10 Sep 2014, 15:34
nissi4eva
10 Sep 2014, 08:14
I dunno if anyone has noticed this:-
left leg gone
left tail fin gone
stoick pushes hiccup towards the left
left arm gone
left tusk gone
Everything is so oriented towards the left! :( ^) >:(
And Hiccup is left-handed. :blink:
Actually Hiccup could be ambidextrous, as seen on the posters for How to Train Your Dragon 2, Hiccup is seen with his flaming sword, Inferno, in both his right and left hands showing that he can wield it in either hands. Also, his shield alternates between his hands throughout Defenders of Berk. :hiccup: <3 :astrid:
Nah he says in the HTTYD2 Blu-Ray DVD extras he is left-handed (yet DW does both. *eye roll*)