Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
HTTYD2 Highest Grossing Animated Film To Date!
Topic Started: 15 Aug 2014, 18:48 (5596 Views)
draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Night fury fire
15 Aug 2014, 22:42
RealHousewifeofBerk
15 Aug 2014, 22:17
Highest grossing animated film to date, this year. I think the highest grossing animated film to date ever is still Frozen.
DIE FROZEN >:( >:( >:(

Lol, yup.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

LawOfTheSeas
Defender of Insanity and Master of Apologies

You seem we can all tell where HTTYD went wrong...

It needs more ice.

One Bewilderbeast isn't enough. Two Bewildebeasts evidently aren't enough. We needed more ice. Turn that dragon sanctuary into a fairy castle, freeze that Berk and make snow fall, and then freeze the main character and thaw it with love, not plasma and one of these. >:( I mean come on! Who would see a film about that?

:ermm:

Serious note - how isn't HTTYD 2 bashing Frozen out of the ballpark? There is a real difference in the calibre of... Well, everything!
I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

So much pride...... "And i cant be more prouder"

HTTYD2 will take the Oscar and sweep all categories in Annie Award, as they did in 2010.

Go Dragons and Berkians!!!!!
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

HaddocksOrTails
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Well, I did my best, I bought 6 tickets for HTTYD and I don't even know what Frozen is. Okay, I know it's a Disney movie, but that's all.
Go China!
https://www.fanfiction.net/~haddocksortails

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

LawOfTheSeas
15 Aug 2014, 23:00

It needs more ice.

One Bewilderbeast isn't enough. Two Bewildebeasts evidently aren't enough. We needed more ice. Turn that dragon sanctuary into a fairy castle, freeze that Berk and make snow fall, and then freeze the main character and thaw it with love, not plasma and one of these. >:( I mean come on! Who would see a film about that?

Serious note - how isn't HTTYD 2 bashing Frozen out of the ballpark? There is a real difference in the calibre of... Well, everything!
Believe it or not, some people actually thought HTTYD2, which has been in production for 4 FLIPPIN' YEARS, was ripping off Frozen because of the "extensive use of ice" in the settings and in weapons. :blink:
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

LawOfTheSeas

RealHousewifeofBerk
15 Aug 2014, 23:33
LawOfTheSeas

It needs more ice.

Believe it or not, some people actually thought HTTYD2, which has been in production for 4 FLIPPIN' YEARS, was ripping off Frozen because of the "extensive use of ice" in the settings and in weapons. :blink:
Aw, come on! That is just... Argh!

It's like McDonalds suing any restaurant with "Mc" or "Mac" in the title.

But seriously, that is terrible!
I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

RealHousewifeofBerk
LawOfTheSeas

It needs more ice.

Wow.
"extensive use of ice"? Seriously?
Does Disney OWN the right to use ice in a movie? Don't think so. >:(
are people going to bash Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer too, since there was a lot of ice/snow in that?
Find me on tumblr!
I can't bring myself to delete the gifs sorry

8)

LawOfTheSeas

Whitefang
15 Aug 2014, 23:38
RealHousewifeofBerk
LawOfTheSeas

It needs more ice.

Wow.
are people going to bash Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer too, since there was a lot of ice/snow in that?
Next thing you know, the cast and crew of 'The Day After Tomorrow' say, "Well heck, we didn't realise that Frozen would come along in 2014. Looks like we have to remake the entire film!"
I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

LawOfTheSeas
15 Aug 2014, 23:43
Whitefang
15 Aug 2014, 23:38
RealHousewifeofBerk
Wow.
Next thing you know, the cast and crew of 'The Day After Tomorrow' say, "Well heck, we didn't realise that Frozen would come along in 2014. Looks like we have to remake the entire film!"
Nah, Frozen just take place at one kingdom, while The Day After Tomorrow takes entire northern hemisphere
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

Quote:

It needs more ice.

Frozen had the traditional animated princess thing going on and had musicals, which is still most appealing to the majority of younger generations (say, ages 4 and up). The singing parts were a huge hit and I agree they were sensational, even though it's not my type of music. The fans love and will remember the movie for the singing and possibly the independent-women theme expressed in it. People have a right to their opinions, so let's not bash Disney, alright guys? And overly-obsessive fans will be just that. Let's not be like those fans who criticize the other party's view based upon their own feelings.

Also, why is everybody suddenly so upset? Making it to China is a great achievement, and it doesn't matter if HtTYD2 ever beats Frozen on the list. As long as it's successful, we should all be happy. Also, just to through it out there, it's not competing with Frozen for an Oscar. Frozen was last year.