Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Major Horrible News.. (don't worry, no spoilers here, but the talk is based around spoilers)
Topic Started: 17 May 2014, 18:52 (20176 Views)
HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Sad how people are going to extremes we never would have thought possible in our fandom. Sigh...
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

I made a message on tumblr about this... thought you guys might like to see it.
It's about how you can avoid spoilers on tumblr, for all you tumblr users.

Hope this helps ^_^
Please Read This

—-We’re Vikings. It’s an occupational hazard to wander in the tag. Please read this to avoid getting spoiled and spread this message.Thank you.—-

—- inspired by nnotcharlottee :-) have a virtual cupcake—-

————————————————————————————->

///Launching Recovery Mode 2.0///

Initializing Setup_ Setup Instructions

_route one: avoiding/blocking spoilers_

1. Install xkit

2. blacklisting >xkit button>get extensions>blacklist

from there>select “check blog titles and usernames for blacklisted words> blacklist hiccdew-forever and other spoilery blogs ( (this will hide it partially but you can still view the spoiler if you want :) I recommend only viewing the spoiler if the username is one you know of

do not unselect “Don’t run blacklist on your inbox” or else spoilers might get to you through your inbox by a spoiler blog

or : block them instead using Tumblr’s block feature

3. blacklist “httyd2 spoilers, howtotrainyourdragon2, httyd2 etc” if you’re being extra careful

4. xkit>get extensions> servant (xkit personal assistant)

Performs a variety of actions. Similar to an email filter.

5. Turn off anon messages in Settings (the cogwheel) (you might get spoiled by anons)

6. Don’t read the review by Hollywood Reporter. (spoiler source)

_route two: tagging spoilers_

1. Please tag spoilers. And by tagging, I mean original posts and reblogs as well. Remember, the tags on reblogs are not searchable on tumblr search, only on your blog.

2. Only the first five tags on a post is searchable.

3. xkit> get extensions> tag viewer

You can view the tags other people had placed. If there is an untagged post, perhaps someone reblogged it as a spoiler.

_route three: trends and other stuff we could do?_

1. We could always go back to the cupcake phase (I see some people doing it :D)

2. Doughnut phase? I don’t know but

XD

3. Do more HTTYD gifs, edits, art, etc and tag them as howtotrainyourdragon, httyd, relivinghttyd, etc, etc

4. positivelyhttyd: say positive things!

_route four: friendly reminder_

Less than a month, guys. We can do this. And if it’s not less than a month, do whatever you can to avoid spoilerstuffs.

_route five: change blog description_

1. You can write “this is a HTTYD spoiler-free blog”, “this is not a spoiler-free blog”, “not a spoiler-free blog but I have spoilers tagged as httyd2” etc, to let visitors know.
Concerning the Forumvine: no need to read this

_route six: avoiding spoilers on the forumvine_

berksgrapevine (the forumvine): Spoilers are all tagged [spoilers] or in the HTTYD2 section (and if they aren’t, nice morderators will come into action) :D I really hope no one spoils it here using these methods but just to be on the safe side…

1. Disable email being shown: >preferences>email settings> uncheck “allow users to email you”

2. Disable Personal Messaging: >profile>PM>PM system settings>select No to “Accept PM’s from other users”
_EMERGENCY ROUTE: get off tumblr for a while_

Only to be used in extreme circumstances.

///Setup complete. May be subject to changes.///

—-thanks for reading—-

*I don't code. This coding stuff is all random :)*

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

thescienceofmagic
17 May 2014, 22:35
StaticTheSkrill
17 May 2014, 22:24
OMG GUYS If U HAVE A TUMBLR TURN OFF ANONYMOUS ASKS NOW! AN ANON HAS BEEN GOING AROUND GIVING EVERYONE "The Spoiler" via their ask boxes. THEY ONLY TARGET THOSE WITH ANON SO TURN OFF. MANY FANDOM MEMBERS GOT THIS. TURN ANON off FOR YOUR SAFETY IF YOU DO NOT YET KNOW TH SPOILER... sorry, urgent....

I think it is likely HICCDEW again...... ^o)
I've had a couple of anons today doing this. Some people seem to think it's the Frozen fandom.

I don't know if what I received were these major spoilers that everyone is talking about, and I sure as hell don't want to know, but they seemed pretty bizarre so that I'm thinking they're just saying anything to get us annoyed.

As Andy said, it's a real shame that we have to restrict ourselves because some others can't be respectful. I'm probably just going to end up going on a complete shutdown of tumblr and the Grapevine until I see the movie. It sucks but it looks like it needs to be done.
I'm just blocking the sites until June 19th, even though I get to watch it on the 9th.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

Asvald Veleif
Dragon Animator

Don't know if i should check or not.. hmm ^o)

Toothless Gif made by me.

Support my How to Train Your Dragon animations by subscribing to my youtube channel through the link below!

Click here for my dragon animations!

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

I will now be making a new Tumblr with only GoT. To avoid ANY spoilers
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

iluvhttyd
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

I'm gonna block Tumblr until June 13. And, unfortunately, this site as well. I've been spoiled enough and I just want to forget everything that I've seen/read.

I love you guys, and I'll see you after HTTYD 2...spoilers in my head locked away.

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

iluvhttyd
18 May 2014, 00:29
I'm gonna block Tumblr until June 13. And, unfortunately, this site as well. I've been spoiled enough and I just want to forget everything that I've seen/read.

I love you guys, and I'll see you after HTTYD 2...spoilers in my head locked away.
D: Bye...
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

iluvhttyd
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

Bye. I will come back. I promise. The day I come home after I see HTTYD2 I'll come back. :) But my spoilers will be locked away until everyone else has seen the movie.

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

Okay... bye. :(
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

Dragon_Rider
Dragon Egg

HideousZippleback
17 May 2014, 19:33
Dragon_Rider
17 May 2014, 19:17
Night fury fire
17 May 2014, 11:10
Does It have something to do with the spoiler we heard yesterday? (Which btw broke my heart :'( )
Why DW? Whhhyyy!? :'(
Yeah it is :'( it's horrible..

Warning: the following spoiler tag contains, indeed, major spoiler. If you now what we're talking about, then you can read, if not, you can go to hiccdews tumbler but, be wear, your heart could explode of sadness.
Spoiler: click to toggle
Spoiler: click to toggle

I know, I just wish it could :)
I love dragons, and food... ^_^