Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Will HTTYD 2 beat Frozen?
Topic Started: 14 Jun 2014, 01:12 (14812 Views)
Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

Just got back from seeing the movie. All I have to say is if HTTYD2 doesn't kick Frozens butt then I don't know what will.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

I've seen the film twice allready... If this doesn't blow Disney out of the water.. idk what will....

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Dreamworks win for this film... box office wise and awards wise.... not that I particularly pay attention to either... but...
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

I'm watching it two more times this week then who knows.. But I sincerely hope for DW to beat them.

mr.k.c.w.
Dragon fan in Hong Kong
[b](Above this title is a very dorky Hiccup.)
[/b]

In box offices terms... no. HTTYD2 won't beat Frozen. There's just no way that DreamWorks can pull that kind of stunts like Disney, i.e. the traditional Disney love, to attract more audiences.

But as to whether it's more well received than Frozen, I would say that HTTYD2 will definitely beat Frozen in that category. Most the reviews so far have been positive, So I would expect to see the tomatometer, the IMDB rating and the Metacritic score to be higher than Frozen's.
Nothing is in this signature, except this sentence describing that there is nothing in this signature.

Seriously, I, [INSERT USERNAME HERE] have nothing to say here. Continue on with your viewing of not-so regularly scheduled posts.

[INSERT CALMING, SUITABLE FOR READING MUSIC]

Sorry to interrupt, I just wanna say....uh...what was I trying to say again? Never mind, continue reading.

Sabrina
Terrible Terror

The opening day was terrible. :'(

PLEASE let this not be the new Rise of the Guardians....
"Pain... love it."

eretsonoferet
lover of fine things and dragons

I actually don't think it will or could.
The thing about Frozen was it was so crowd pleasing, but 2 takes risks :wub: . It goes to extremes and does stuff not everyone will agree with. No one could walk out of the theater and say Frozen did things that could scare kids or make them think really hard about the theme or the character's choices, but Dragons makes kids form their own conclusions.
In my opinion, Dragons is better then Frozen but that is why it won't be more popular.
I'd like to think as my love for Eret as simple appreciation rather than obsession...oh, who am I kidding?

Toothless
the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself

I'm pretty sure dragons 2 beat most animated films in my opinion
But not in money made

Moonlights-Fantasy
Grand Emperor, peasants.

I went and saw HTTYD2 yesterday, and honestly I loved it. Had my eyes watering once or twice actually.
I think Frozen was for a less mature audience, like younger kids so of course to us older and mature people Dragons will probably win over Frozen. Perhaps not in money wise, but...yeah. Dragons has my vote though!

No judging I've got squirrel brain so my sentences are all over the place right now >.>
"How do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" "If they're shooting at you, they're bad!"

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

On opening night HTTYD2 got 18.5 M which was at least 4 million more than Frozen so I have high hopes. Anyways today I watched for the second time and tomorrow I'm watching it for a third time.

Eret
....Son of Eret

18.5 M isn't bad but its not as good as anyone was hoping or expecting. 22 Jump Street opened a little bigger and will probably take the #1 spot this weekend. I still have hope though because with it being fathers day weekend I can see a lot of families wanting to go out to see a movie.