Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Dragon's Fire
Topic Started: 21 Jun 2014, 14:49 (1364 Views)
underwater-smiles
wanna-be dragon trainer

A friend and I were talking and we both agree that dragons seem to have multiple types of fires. Like, a kind to kill (plasma blast as Hiccup calls it), a kind that is good for light, and a celebratory kind. What do you guys think?
everything is better with flower crowns!

check out my tumblr here: underwater-smiles.tumblr.com
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

I've seen it in both the series and the movies... like there's one type that's just enough force to push someone out of a tree, and then there's the obvious killer one that killed Stoick..
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

Nightshade
Monstrous Nightmare

I only think that it is in the series, I don't think that Toothless' cottonball-shots exists in the movie ^_^

Toothless123
Night Fury

There's also one for knocking people off their feet, and stunning them.

underwater-smiles
wanna-be dragon trainer

Nightshade
21 Jun 2014, 19:18
I only think that it is in the series, I don't think that Toothless' cottonball-shots exists in the movie ^_^
true, it's not shown in the movies, but the t.v. series is still canon though, right?
everything is better with flower crowns!

check out my tumblr here: underwater-smiles.tumblr.com

Fawnduu
Gronckle

underwater-smiles
21 Jun 2014, 19:26
Nightshade
21 Jun 2014, 19:18
true, it's not shown in the movies, but the t.v. series is still canon though, right?
in the movie in hiccups opening flight scene toothless shoots out little bursts to give hiccup an updraft from the heat waves, i would say those are much lighter than the kill shots he uses, also alpha power vs regular.

Im Courtney, a Concept Artist/ Computer Animator! 8)

My Art Page
My Animations

alpha_dragon
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Rocky Rose
21 Jun 2014, 19:15
I've seen it in both the series and the movies... like there's one type that's just enough force to push someone out of a tree, and then there's the obvious killer one that killed Stoick..
Stoick's body looked like it was still whole, but the Red Death's wings were full of holes.

Eret
....Son of Eret

alpha_dragon
24 Jun 2014, 19:01
Rocky Rose
21 Jun 2014, 19:15
Stoick's body looked like it was still whole, but the Red Death's wings were full of holes.
The red death burned from the inside out.

stoick may have been killed by a combo of the fire blast + the impact of hitting the ice and it falling on him.

..of course theyre not going to show his body mangled and burned up....

alpha_dragon
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Eret
24 Jun 2014, 22:38
alpha_dragon

stoick may have been killed by a combo of the fire blast + the impact of hitting the ice and it falling on him.

I think you misunderstand my point. Toothless was able to puncture the Red Death's wings in the first movie, so there's no way the human body would be able to survive intact from a night fury's death blast.

Eret
....Son of Eret

alpha_dragon
24 Jun 2014, 23:06
Eret
24 Jun 2014, 22:38
alpha_dragon

I think you misunderstand my point. Toothless was able to puncture the Red Death's wings in the first movie, so there's no way the human body would be able to survive intact from a night fury's death blast.
Ok... but... they also didn't show blood on drago's bewilderbeasts' tusks... I think we can give them a pass for not showing stoick's body mutilated...