Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Please Keep Hiccup and Toothless together at the end of HTTYD3
Topic Started: 01 Jul 2014, 00:22 (9150 Views)
Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
01 Jul 2014, 00:21

If you're going to be so upset if (because nobody knows for sure what will happen, the separation is still a rumor) Hiccup and Toothless part ways, write a fanfiction where the outcome is different. Create that fan alternate universe. Nobody is going to stop you.
Exactly!! ;)
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

Night Fury
01 Jul 2014, 00:11
MissunyNightFury
30 Jun 2014, 23:54
I think it's ridiculous that you're petitioning to change an ending to a movie you know nothing about.
Well, I'd hardly call it nothing. Dean DeBlois basically gave us the ending with a few details left out.

I sometimes wish Dean had just kept it to himself. One has to question why he felt the need to reveal so much, unless he wanted people to discuss it.
I agree, I don't understand why Mr. Deblois has to give everything away. I guess he does it so people can prepare themselves?
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

Night Fury
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

It's possible, though not many people read interviews with movie directors, apart from internet nerds. The general public would still be completely surprised by that ending.

Polychrome
Hatchling

Night Fury
01 Jul 2014, 21:06
It's possible, though not many people read interviews with movie directors, apart from internet nerds. The general public would still be completely surprised by that ending.
This, and I think with all the stuff they gave away ahead of time, there were still tons of developments, expected or unexpected, in the second movie. I think it's safe to say if they give stuff away, it's because they believe they have a bigger surprise.

iluvhttyd
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

micromys
30 Jun 2014, 03:41
I really don't think anyone should be using change.org for this sort of thing. That should be saved for really important issues.

I'm against the idea of trying to force Dean's hand anyway -- or indeed, forcing the hand of any author/artist. I want to see what ending he thinks is best for this series... even if it's an ending that will hurt me. In a strange way, I kind of want it to hurt. HTTYD means a lot to me, and I don't expect saying goodbye to it will be easy. I'm all right with that.
In a way, we won't really be saying goodbye. Because although the movie series and such will be ending, they'll always be here for us whenever we need them. Yeah, that sounded like a Harry Potter thing, but in this case, it's true, too.

When I saw an HTTYD preview for the first time when it was in theaters, I thought I was going to hate the movie. But on October 16, 2010, my life changed for the better. My parents rented HTtYD (with no input from me) and I was practically forced to watch it. But I've haven't regretted seeing it. It changed my life for the better. How, you ask? I'm a girl with an alcoholic father and a complicate family. But whenever I feel upset or lonely, I listen or watch anything HTTYD related. Trailers, music, movie, series. This movie has saved my life. Literally. I have been depressed for so long for so many reasons (granted, Stoick's death is one of the factors), and I've thought about giving up. But then I start writing HTTYD fanfics, or I pop in one of the HTtYD DVDs or I listen to "For the Dancing and the Dreaming" a million times in a row. This movie has saved my life. HTTYD is my escape. I spend more time on Berk in my mind more than I spend time in reality.

And even if Hiccup and Toothless are separated, sure, I'll be upset, probably crying as much as I did during Stoick's death and funeral, but I will know that even if they're far apart, they'll always be best friends and remain in each other's hearts.

I've said more than once to a friend of mine and more than once to myself that Hiccup had a better relationship with his dad than I do with mine. And it's still true to this day. But I watch the series and see how Hiccup and Stoick's relationship grew, and I wonder if my dad and I could have a similar father-daughter relationship.

Fast forward to HTTYD 2. I was excited, although I ended up going alone. I knew about Stoick's death before the movie, even how he died, and I thought I'd be ready for it.

I was wrong. So wrong. I was practically bawling my eyes out. I couldn't stop crying.

But there were good moments. Hiccup and Valka bonding. "For the Dancing and the Dreaming". Toothless and Hiccup friendship moments. Stormfly and Toothless playing together.

If the HTTYD movies have taught me anything, it's this: don't be afraid to be yourself and stand up for what you believe in.

I come from a Christian family. I am a full LGBQT supporter. My mom doesn't know Gobber is gay. If she figures it out, I don't care.

Moving back on topic.

When I found out about this possible ending, I was devastated, and I at first wanted to sign. But then I read all of your responses. We probably can't change Dean's mind about this. And this is how Cressida's last book might be. If it happens, we'll have to write fanfics like one of you said, writing alternate endings, and furthering the adventures of our favorite Viking-dragon duo. Heck, I'm writing a fanfic myself about Stormfly dying.

If there's one thing I didn't like about HTTYD2, it's the same thing I didn't like about the first movie: it needed more length. I wanted more than what we got. I don't know what I wanted, but I knew I wanted more. But I got to see the movie, and I can't wait for the DVD to come out so I can watch it freely and wear it out like I did with the first Tinker Bell movie.

If Hiccup and Toothless do end up separating, we can always "go back to page one and start over" as Winnie the Pooh said. We can start with the first movie and then run all the way through. The friendship Hiccup and Toothless have will live forever in our hearts. No matter what.

Like I said before, How To Train Your Dragon saved my life in more ways than one. I've always loved it, from the moment I saw it on October 16, 2010, to now. Even though it might break my heart seeing Stoick alive, I'll know he lived a good life, protecting and living his people and his son.

In conclusion (finally), Hiccup and Toothless have a bond that no one else on Berk really has. (The following is from inhonoredglory's How To Train Your Dragon One-Yer Tribute) Hiccup and Toothless both had the power to kill, but they chose to love. They trust each other, even when they don't understand. They'll give up what they want most to protect the ones they love. They don't want freedom; they want to need each other. I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Hiccup and Toothless will always be best friends, even if they're far apart. They'll be friends till the end. And nothing can ever tear them apart. Not even death.

Hic626
Terrible Terror

As someone who helps makes films I would ask people to at least have some common curtosey for the artistic vision and integrity that Dean and the rest of the Dreamworks team have. Hopefully the ending won't be all shitting rainbows :gronckleegg: :gronckleegg: :gronckleegg: .

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

Hic626
07 Jul 2014, 00:03
Hopefully the ending won't be all shitting rainbows
^^ This
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

Night Fury
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

The audience's expectations are always taken seriously during the creative process of these mega-budget films. This is especially true for sequels because the audience are the people who made it possible, but I covered that earlier in the thread.

If you want a pure artistic vision, there are some great independent filmmakers out there. Working for a major studio is all about collaboration, accepting feedback, and being flexible with certain elements of your vision... unless you're someone like George Lucas who has the power to call all of the shots.

It's pretty unlikely that the ending will be shitting rainbows considering how the first two films ended, along with the promised explanation for why dragons no longer exist. Sounds plenty bittersweet already, even discounting what might happen between Hiccup and Toothless.

No one is asking for a totally happy ending, and that's not what the petition is about in the first place.

I would personally like the most original ending possible. Like the petition said, breaking apart friendships has been done so many times in similar movies that it's actually becoming a cliche... probably more of one than the happy ending that everyone wants to avoid.

I hope we've progressed beyond the idea that sad/dark endings are desirable just because they're realistic... I'd much rather go and watch some Game of Thrones when I'm craving something to that effect.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

:ermm: People who signed this are absolutely ridiculous in my opinion.

mr.k.c.w.
Dragon fan in Hong Kong
[b](Above this title is a very dorky Hiccup.)
[/b]

HideousZippleback
07 Jul 2014, 08:12
:ermm: People who signed this are absolutely ridiculous in my opinion.
Yep. I think they are basically trying to take liberal rights out of the creators. I mean, I know that they didn’t intend to do that. But basically, from my point of view, their trying to tell the goverment from not letting DreamWorks to have the rights to create and speak out. The reason for that, is just to not see a sad ending. I know some said that it’s kind of cliche now to have friendships to break at the end of the movie. But that’s one of the reason why I love HTTYD - The story feels realistic, and I simply adore realism. I want very heart-breaking realism - Even sometimes it acquire someone to die, for another to grow up. And a happy ending just won’t cut it for me, at least in this franchise.

Besides, we already have two bittersweet endings(You can argue that HTTYD2’s ending is too sweet, but personally, Stoick’s death still shadows me into calling it a bittersweet ending in the end.), why won’t DreamWorks throw in another one, just to tear our hearts out for one, last, final time.
Nothing is in this signature, except this sentence describing that there is nothing in this signature.

Seriously, I, [INSERT USERNAME HERE] have nothing to say here. Continue on with your viewing of not-so regularly scheduled posts.

[INSERT CALMING, SUITABLE FOR READING MUSIC]

Sorry to interrupt, I just wanna say....uh...what was I trying to say again? Never mind, continue reading.