Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Edit: China! HTTYD2 International success
Topic Started: 15 Aug 2014, 06:27 (5221 Views)
dorcas18
Dragon Egg

I tried to translate as much as I can. Sorry for the poor translation/grammar

《驯龙高手2》强势登顶 首日票房狂揽4020万

"How to Train Your Dragon 2" day debut tops box office crazily with 40.2 million rmb (~6.1 million US)
-From 腾讯娱乐讯

好莱坞梦工场动画巨制《驯龙高手2》,于昨日(14号)在内地以2D、3D、IMAX 3D、中国巨幕全格式上映。据“中国电影票房吧”统计数据显示,《驯龙高手2》首日票房已达4020万,仅次于《功夫熊猫2》,晋级动画电影内地首日票房亚军。

Hollywood's Dreamwork's masterpiece "httyd2", was launched in mainland's big screens (2D, 3D, IMAX 3D). According to China's box office statistics, httyd 2's day debut has reached 40.2 million, next to that of Kung Fu Panda 2, raising 2nd place as China's largest first day debut box office.

从本周起,暑期档开始进入收官阶段,《小时代3》、《后会无期》即将退市,近日公映的《白发魔女传》、《绣春刀》、《秦时明月》等影片吸金能力不够强劲,内地影市单日票房从暑期档初期的超过2亿元降至如今的5000多万,亟需像《驯龙高手2》这样的强片救市。

As China is approaching the the end its local summer hit season, "little times 3", "see next time" are soon to come off the shelf, while new showings - "legend of the white hair witch", "Brotherhood of blades", and "Once a Qin dynasty Moon" has shown to be weak in tickets selling, mainland's single day debut B.O has fallen from over 200 million to know 50 million, the market needs movies like httyd 2 to save the market.

8月14日票房大盘6800万,《驯龙高手2》以首日票房4020万元。这一成绩仅次于《功夫熊猫2》首日5400万元,使得本片成为动画电影内地首日票房亚军。2010上映的《驯龙高手》总票房9100万元,按照目前的影院排片数和口碑爆棚指数,《驯龙高手2》两日入账将有可能超过上集总票房。

14/8 B.O total cleansing reached 68 million, while httyd2 contributed 40.2 million. This result lies next to KF2 that earned 54 million during its day debut, ending in second place...(repeated what was said b4)... In 2010, “httyd" earned a total B.O. of 91 million, according to the no. of showings and the highly rated reviews, httyd 2's B.O is speculated to out ride its previous performance in these two days.

source: http://ent.qq.com/a/20140815/023641.htm
tbc...
Every bucket is unique, observe and you will see~
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

dorcas18 thank you for that translation!

"the market needs movies like httyd 2 to save the market." -- love that line <3

So Kung Fu Panda 2 has the one-day box-office record in China, and HTTYD2 has second place?

No wonder some of the comments I've been Google Translate-ing have "of course, it's a Dreamworks movie" in the text.

Edit: Some of the showtimes have "4D" listed, rather than 3D. From the comments I understood: In the 4D theaters the seats move!

Sounds great, but I would need Dramamine.

Edit: "Hiccup" 嗝嗝
Google translate: "Belch Belch"
:blink:
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote