Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Httyd 3 Plot Ideas
Topic Started: 03 Sep 2014, 19:26 (13137 Views)
orcadolphin
Terrible Terror

Personally, I wouldn't want another Night Fury to appear. It feels weird to think of a scene where hundreds-- maybe thousands of Night Furies are discovered. If you're going to make another Night Fury appear, don't. If you do, just one, two, heck, maybe even 3-4. I'm not sure how I'd feel if more Night Furies appeared, but I'd be... infuriated

*ba dum tss*

And whatever the heck you do, DON'T focus on relationships/marriage/love/etc. for the main plot. Weddings in films between the main character and another main character are really cliche'd huehue hu e *coughfrozencough*

at least astrid isn't solely just a character whose only purpose is to be hiccup's boyfriend

no weddings pls okay maybe before or after the film but noT dDur ign thRe fILm hhHHHHHHHHHHh hhh nO.
Drey anahlrii saag dovah?

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Dragon Girl
Gronckle

I hope they don't kill Toothless. Even leaving his fate unknown would be better than that. :'(

LawOfTheSeas
Defender of Insanity and Master of Apologies

Dragon Girl
03 Sep 2014, 23:30
I hope they don't kill Toothless. Even leaving his fate unknown would be better than that. :'(
Completely agree. Just let him somehow get lost. Leg him go to some far-off corner of the world where no-one can find him.

And if anyone even thinks of making a fanmade ending where he dies, I will tear them limb-from-limb!
I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?

Pikey
Wow!

I hope they come up with something original and that makes sense if they do go with splitting them, I'm more worried that it would come to a lazy end than anything else.

Berkian1
Terrible Terror

orcadolphin
03 Sep 2014, 23:26
Personally, I wouldn't want another Night Fury to appear. It feels weird to think of a scene where hundreds-- maybe thousands of Night Furies are discovered. If you're going to make another Night Fury appear, don't. If you do, just one, two, heck, maybe even 3-4. I'm not sure how I'd feel if more Night Furies appeared, but I'd be... infuriated

*ba dum tss*

And whatever the heck you do, DON'T focus on relationships/marriage/love/etc. for the main plot. Weddings in films between the main character and another main character are really cliche'd huehue hu e *coughfrozencough*

at least astrid isn't solely just a character whose only purpose is to be hiccup's boyfriend

no weddings pls okay maybe before or after the film but noT dDur ign thRe fILm hhHHHHHHHHHHh hhh nO.
Don't worry. No amount of night furies can overshadow Toothless. I believe that he is special even among his own kind. I think he has the heart of a dragon and the soul of a human. But I do agree it would be weird to see a whole "flock" of night furies.
"Hiccup what you're looking for isn't out there. It's in here, maybe you just don't see it yet."

Pikey
Wow!

It would suck if there were loads, if there were any more night furies to reveal I would hope there would be few of them.

LawOfTheSeas
Defender of Insanity and Master of Apologies

Berkian1
04 Sep 2014, 18:02
orcadolphin

*ba dum tss*

Don't worry. No amount of night furies can overshadow Toothless. I believe that he is special even among his own kind. I think he has the heart of a dragon and the soul of a human. But I do agree it would be weird to see a whole "flock" of night furies.
Just to point out, the collective noun for Dragon is a 'blaze'. I don't think it discriminates between species. Just to let ya know! :P

On a serious note, I do think it would be weird to have lots of Night Furies. Toothless is unique among dragons, but who's to say that some would doubt Hiccup's choice? Some of the less subtle Vikings of the Hooligan tribe might suggest that, owing to the large number of Night Furies to pick from, Hiccup should choose a better*, more physically-able beast to ride instead of Toothless. Hiccup himself would never suggest it, no. But some might. In the thoughts of Spitelout, sharpen it until it won't sharpen - when that happens, get a new sword.

*Not even close!
I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?

Berkian1
Terrible Terror

LawOfTheSeas
05 Sep 2014, 13:34
Berkian1
04 Sep 2014, 18:02
orcadolphin

*ba dum tss*

Just to point out, the collective noun for Dragon is a 'blaze'. I don't think it discriminates between species. Just to let ya know! :P

On a serious note, I do think it would be weird to have lots of Night Furies. Toothless is unique among dragons, but who's to say that some would doubt Hiccup's choice? Some of the less subtle Vikings of the Hooligan tribe might suggest that, owing to the large number of Night Furies to pick from, Hiccup should choose a better*, more physically-able beast to ride instead of Toothless. Hiccup himself would never suggest it, no. But some might. In the thoughts of Spitelout, sharpen it until it won't sharpen - when that happens, get a new sword.

*Not even close!
Thanks for the info on a group of dragons! I didn't know it was called a blaze. Maybe your right about others questioning Hiccup, it would be interesting to see his response to questions like that.

"Hiccup what you're looking for isn't out there. It's in here, maybe you just don't see it yet."

Inferno.and.the.FlameSwords
Dragon Rider ~ Peace Keeper

:snotlout: I think I have an idea of what will happen. So, I remember Dean DeBlois in some interview a while ago, spitting out ideas for what we may be able to expect. He said "more Night Furies? Somebody else who wants to be Chief? I guess we'll have to wait and see." Of course, that may have been paraphrased. Anyways, about the Chief thing, I am repeatedly witnessing Spitelout stating, "you know, if I was Chief...." in my Rise of Berk game! Coincidence? Possibly....BUT!!!! I have something else. I have not read any of the franchises books with the exception of How to Speak Dragonese. I do remember, however, a rumor about the last book and dragons "no longer existing" (there were dragons when I was a boy) and I remember Snotlout having something to do with it :blink: ....Spitelout....Snotlout....this should be good. :snotlout:

:'( WHAT WILL HAPPEN!?

:D I WANT MORE HICCSTRID!! :hiccup: :astrid:

:unsure: NOT HICCUP NOR TOOTHLESS SHALL DIE I FORBIT IT AS WELL AS ANYBODY ELSE NO MORE DEATHS!!!!!!!!

:( Dragons please stay....like....forever!

>:( Toothless must stay ALPHA! >:(

:stoick: Hiccup must stay CHIEF!!

:ruffnut: :eret: I want Ruffet as well.

:nightfuryegg: :nightfuryegg: AND I WANT MORE NIGHT FURIES XDXDXDXD :nightfuryegg: :nightfuryegg:

"It's all good and well to call yourself a dragon, BUT CAN YOU FLY?" ~Hiccup
"You are a heaping piece of dragon --" ~Astrid
"Get 'em you Son-of-an-Eret!" ~Ruffnut
"WILL STOP ME ON MY JOUuurrrnn-ey. Sorry." ~Gobber

Pikey
Wow!

I don't want the whole thing to be happy-appy style, I would like an emotional rollercoaster ride to a satisfying end, it doesn't need to be too sad or too happy, just make sense and basically not be cheap or cheesy.

If they do include more Night Furies at some point, I would like it to be coincidental or chance based, if it ends up being Hiccup looking for Night Furies and it just happens perfectly in his favour, I don't think I could take it seriously.

I don't want a 'hero gets what a hero wants' writing, that's not what we've had so far, and it really should be avoided in HTTYD since it's basically what's made this so good. :P