Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
John Powell not returning for HTTYD3
Topic Started: 03 Sep 2014, 02:10 (9506 Views)
DarthBacon
Gronckle

I'm pretty sure Powell is coming back..If he's not, i want Dean to wait for him to come back. HTTYD wont be the same without Powell's music.

http://collider.com/how-to-train-your-d ... interview/

From the article, Powell is surely returning.

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

DarthBacon
03 Sep 2014, 06:10
I'm pretty sure Powell is coming back..If he's not, i want Dean to wait for him to come back. HTTYD wont be the same without Powell's music.

http://collider.com/how-to-train-your-d ... interview/

From the article, Powell is surely returning.
He must! If he not returns to HTTYD3, we will lost the experience. Again, John Powell is the guy who made all the franchise going awesome. The first thing i like and bring me to this fandom is the soundtrack.

He mentioned "Other than that, I’m trying not to think about that." So there might be possibilities for him to return to the (maybe last) 3rd instalment. I cant find someone that's more worthy for this franchise other than John Powell.

I hope he will return. :huh:

Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

Tessem7
03 Sep 2014, 02:21
So, if I recall correctly, I believe that John Powell said he wouldn't be returning for HTTYD3 because of a conflicting project (time wise). I'm sure that Dean Deblois wanted Powell back, so maybe that is one of the reasons that they pushed the movie back to 2017. If this was one of the reasons, I'll be ecstatic. The soundtrack was one of the best redeeming qualities of both movies so far and I'm sure (assuming Powell composes/directs it) the soundtrack for the third movie will be just as amazing.
Wow! 100% agree! that's escalated quickly So (maybe) that's why they pushed the release date to 2017.

And please, Powell, just for the last movie, make a really good soundtrack before/after you break. yeah, one what made this movie is awesome is the soundtrack! I can't find others than Powell.

Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

LawOfTheSeas
Defender of Insanity and Master of Apologies

HTTYD without John Powell - great movie.

HTTYD as it is now - BRILLIANT MOVIE!

The score adds so much, and if it were to be taken away, it wouldn't have the same effect.

Just listening to 'This is Berk' makes me want to quote the entire film. It is so memorable and unique. I do hope John Powell is involved somehow.
I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?

Eret
....Son of Eret

Yeah this is a pretty old thread and I think multiple people have pointed out on previous pages that its not true and Powell IS working on the third movie.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Hmm, I hadn't absorbed that. This seems to be a day for good news. I like those days.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

ChinesischSchluckauf

[b]
[color=blue]Shut up, Mokuba!
[/color]
[/b]

It's probably not true, but in the unlikely event that it is, I hope either Howard Shore or Hans Zimmer does the score.
Did anybody else notice my signature has shrunk?

Estae
Dragons!

Ah, I would find it very odd if he didn't come back. Simply for repititions sake - if you're going to do most of the sound track for a triology of movies, you don't just quit after the second and not return for the finale. Obviously he does have a good reason to lay off for a while, and I certainly will uphold his decision to spend more time with his teen, and any other reason like such to lay off such a big project. Though even considering this, I would honestly resent it if he did not come back and do at least some scores for the 3rd movie.

But if worst comes to worst and he falls through, I think a collaboration between Hans Zimmer and Jonsi would be spectacular in every way. Not to mention, I would like to hear a little more music from the culture itself. Get some native Celtic/Norweigan/in-other-words-Viking inspired tracks or instruments in a score. That would certainly prove interesting.

-dragon-racers on tumblr *Not a spoiler-free blog.

VampireAngel91
Dragon Egg

Guys, guys, guys!!! Look at his IMDB page, he IS returning!!!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0694173/ :toothless:

Pikey
Wow!

Well, that's nice to know, though as others have said it would be strange for him not to do it. As long as his break is good and the score is good when he does that, everyone should be happy. 8)