Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Information about httyd 3
Topic Started: 20 Jun 2014, 19:01 (5451 Views)
Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

Found on breathecast.com:

How to Train Your Dragon 2 premieres in cinemas worldwide on June 13, but Dreamworks is also preparing for the film's third installment. Director Dean DeBlois said that the third movie would be a middle act in Hiccup's story, says the production will not just inject another fictional problem into the story to get through.
DeBlois continued, "Therefore, we're not just inventing a random other adventure that you cast the same 5 or 6 characters into and graft on a problem that feels artificial. So by meeting Hiccup at this later stage of his life he's now dealing with an organic and universal problem that many of us go through at that stage," Slash Film reported.

The intention of the film, according to DeBlois' team, is to approach Hiccup during his younger years, shining a light upon his childhood. The third film in John Powell's trilogy would feature storylines that viewers can interconnect with How to Train Your Dragon 1 & 2, Collider wrote.
Ongoing works for How to Train Your Dragon 3 are still up in the air, creator Powell teased that Dreamworks might be releasing a fourth film or potentially adding content and splitting the third film into two parts.
"I saw Dean in Cannes, we had a premiere of the film there, and he was very merry and a bit drunk and he sort of knew about [How to Train Your Dragon] 3, and I think it was mentioned to him by Jeffrey [Katzenberg] that maybe they would do 4," Powell told Collider.
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

Sounds interesting.... but I feel like the Dragons TV series sort of interconnects HTTYD and HTTYD2 (one of the few on here who seem to feel that way)... not that I'm against this approach for the third film...
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

Rocky Rose
21 Jun 2014, 00:06
Sounds interesting.... but I feel like the Dragons TV series sort of interconnects HTTYD and HTTYD2 (one of the few on here who seem to feel that way)... not that I'm against this approach for the third film...
Yes I agree
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

athena2235
Member Avatar
Gronckle

That does not seem to jive with what we have already been told about HTTYD3. He has said he wants to end it with no dragons like the book. So they can't just leave 2 as the ending and but a third movie between 1 & 2. And he is also making seem like Drago is coming back, as he was not planned until the 3 one until they changed the Valka plot.

It sounds more like they are talking about the TV show season 3 and 4 than the Third movie.

Estae
Dragons!

Is that banter I hear about adding a fourth movie? :huh:

I know this is an old post, but does anyone else possibly have any information on this? I don't believe it would be true, but that's not to say I wouldn't want it because we all know I totally do.

-dragon-racers on tumblr *Not a spoiler-free blog.

Pikey
Wow!

I've heard them question whether there should be one, but nothing solid confirming it so until then I wouldn't get your hopes up. ;)

nissi4eva
Baby terror

Whatever Dean is gonna come up with, I'm pretty sure it will be great. 8)
KEEP CALM AND CUDDLE THAT NIGHT FURY!

Pikey
Wow!

nissi4eva
10 Oct 2014, 16:36
Whatever Dean is gonna come up with, I'm pretty sure it will be great. 8)
No pressure on Dean at all... :P

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

If I remember Dean refuted any way of there being a fourth movie. Though if they split it to krep the plot from feeling rushe'd I guess I would be fine with that.

ChinesischSchluckauf

[b]
[color=blue]Shut up, Mokuba!
[/color]
[/b]

HideousZippleback
20 Nov 2014, 17:37
If I remember Dean refuted any way of there being a fourth movie. Though if they split it to krep the plot from feeling rushe'd I guess I would be fine with that.
But... but... the angst... :blink:
Spoiler: click to toggle
Did anybody else notice my signature has shrunk?