Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rescue Riders Plot
Topic Started: 24 May 2019, 17:14 (89 Views)
igix
FLABSLAB - Fly Like A Butterfly ...

So now that HTTYD films are over.. and personally i prefered the first and second over the third. Rescue Riders is looming over the horizon. Apparently it's meant to be set in parallel to the story of HTTYD 3. Do you think we'll see characters that we saw on Race To The Edge in this show? Perhaps they're rescuing dragons as Hiccup and Co are fighting Grimmel.
A Chief protects his own
Valka: Oh, when I'm up here, I don't even feel the cold, I just feel… Hiccup: Free
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Light Fury
Hideous Zippleback

Dean has said it has nothing to do with the main HTTYD characters and universe IIRC. The dragons talk as well. So, I doubt it.

Brother in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings.

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

One interesting thought I had was that they could have decided to make it much more Book-universe like, which does indeed have talking dragons. However from what we know so far it sounds like that's not at all what they're doing, which is a shame, and a missed opportunity in my view.
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.

NightFury2001
Salty Meme Burrito

Yeah from what I know Rescue Riders is made for a younger audience and it's set in an AU where the dragons talk, it doesn't have much to do with the main HTTYD universe. With that being said, I'm actually hoping it turns out to be decent for older viewers/fans of the main franchise lol. I really dislike HTTYD 3, I'm not the biggest fan of RTTE (especially the later seasons), and I find the graphic novels, comics, and games pretty "meh" even though they do have nice moments sometimes...it's been a while since I've watched/read/played any HTTYD content I truly enjoyed so yeah, I'm somewhat unironically looking forward to Rescue Riders lol.

@Hictooth Yeah that would have been cool. I've only read the first book myself but from what I know the rest of the books are also good, it would have been cool to see some of the stuff from them adapted into a TV show. Who knows though, it may turn out to be more book-like than we expect!