Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Stormfly
Topic Started: 01 Sep 2014, 15:18 (2467 Views)
RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

TheBlackFluffyThing
01 Sep 2014, 16:51
She certainly didn't have much personality in the series. But I think Toothless lacked lots of his movie personality, too. He only acted, when it was necessary for the story or when Hiccup ordered him to do something.

The other dragons' personalities in RoB/DoB were fine though.
Huh. I never noticed that, but now that you point it out... ^)
He was super expressive in both movies. He didn't ever need to say a word for everyone to know exactly what he was thinking or feeling. But if the Toothless we saw in the series was how he was in the movies, I think they (the movies) would have been very lacking in emotion. :/
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Pikey
Wow!

I didn't think he was that bad...

Stormfly definitely needed more character though, I can't really remember much going on besides the chicken, and being stolen through chicken. I don't know whether I'd just class Stormfly as a basic pet, or a sort of weapon for Astrid to either show off on or attack with. :/

LawOfTheSeas
Defender of Insanity and Master of Apologies

TheBlackFluffyThing
01 Sep 2014, 16:51
She certainly didn't have much personality in the series. But I think Toothless lacked lots of his movie personality, too. He only acted, when it was necessary for the story or when Hiccup ordered him to do something.

The other dragons' personalities in RoB/DoB were fine though.
You see, I don't think any of the dragons showed too much personality in either RoB or DoB. Barf and Belch, yeah, they picked the twins up, but they did just act like a vehicle. Same is true of Hookfang, and Stormfly needed a lot more to make her personality vibrant and realistic. The most real-feeling personalities amongst the dragons were Meatlug, made notable by the relationship with Fishlegs, and Toothless, who I'd agree also lost a good deal of his movie character.

The mistake is that the directors and writers thought of the dragons as horses. Horse follows rider, rider feeds horse, rider rides horse, horse becomes ill, horse recovers, and the cycle continues. Dragons are shown to be much more intelligent, and while I am not saying that horses are stupid, they just do not show the same inquisitiveness with the world as the dragons. The Forbidden Friendship scene shows it perfectly. Both Toothless and Hiccup equal each other in their interest in the other (and even when Toothless couldn't be bothered, he shows his character). And while none of the other dragons show the same interest (their characters aren't developed fully yet, and they aren't as intelligent as Night Furies) they still have to have some type of character more than just being slightly playful, and then boom! Horse.

This explains my point clearly and concisely:
I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

I always liked the dragons more. But I only really liked the new untrainable type dragons in the series.
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2