Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Theories for the Upcoming Episodes!
Topic Started: 02 Jan 2016, 05:59 (2565 Views)
Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

Ok, so, with RTTE episodes 14-26 less than a week away, I figured that some good Ol' theories could help keep our excitement contained!

If you can't remember them here on the spot, then here's the list of upcoming episode names:

14: Astrid's Team
15: Night of the Hunters: Part One
16: Night of the Hunters: Part Two
17: Bad Moon Rising
18: Snotlout Gets the Axe
19: The Zippleback Experience
20: Snow Way Out
21: Edge of Disaster, Part One
22: Edge of Disaster, Part Two
23: Shock and Awe
24: A Time to Skrill
25: Maces and Talons: Part One
26: Maces and Talons: Part Two

Also, which of these episodes do you think the two clips belong two?
Personally, I say that the Snotlout and Armorwing clip, is most likely from episode 18 (look above), and the Skrill clip is from episode 24... Obviously. Ok, I admit it, if what I think is right, then it's safe to say Dreamworks were deliberately heading towards those episodes when they released the clips.

But this isn't about me. It's about all of us, so what do you guys think?
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

I agree with you on where the clips came from. It makes sense...

As for my theories:
Remember when the writers said in an intereview that we will see villians that might be simillar to Drago? I believe "Night of the Hunters" will give us that. I mean, Drago might have hired some other dragon hunters in order to build his army in addition to Eret in order to achieve a bigger dragon count. Plus, I happened to watch HTTYD 2 again on new year's eve, and now that I think about it Hiccup talks about Eret's gang as trappers as if they have encountered some before hand, so it makes sense that this might be the first time they encountered hunters.

"The Zippleback Experience" might be a twins episode.

"Edge of Disaster" sounds big; and the fact that it's a two-parter might mean it has a big story relevance. Considering that the island the gang lives on is called "Dragon's Edge" I believe that island is going down. Also, if the forth season will have another subtitle change, it will make sense to get rid of what the current subtitle represents. Another thing is that if Crystallion12 and I are right and the Skrill clip is from "A Time to Skrill", then it will make more sense for Hiccup and the gang to be back on Berk if Dragon's Edge is gone...

This last one may not relate to any episode, but I've been thinking about for a while now, I think the Dragon's Eye is actually the hilt of Hiccup's fire blade from the second movie. Watching the film again and looking at the Dragon Eye closly, they look simillar, and the fact that each dragon shot can reveal different effects while being used on the Dragon Eye might hint at how Hiccup uses both a Nightmare saliva and Zippleback gas for different effects. I'm not sure if someone brought this theory up, but I actually thought about it since the first bunch of episodes.

Toothless the nightfury
Deadly Nadder

hcsp1
02 Jan 2016, 11:20
I think the Dragon's Eye is actually the hilt of Hiccup's fire blade from the second movie.
i dont think so

Crystallion12

Yeah, although I wouldn't be surprised, if say Hiccup gets the idea from the Dragon Eye. Besides, he would have to remove the crystal and all that projection stuff- not to mention, the size difference. In the end, he would be way better off just making it from scratch...

Oh. Wait... Ok, sorry I didn't say this before- 'Hiccup's inventions in flight' a feature the that came with the dad and blu-Ray, explains Toothless gear, his flight suit, and also... The concept of his blade, alongside the inside mechanics of the hilt... Yeah. I think it's safe to say they're completely seperate. But inspiration... That's a different story altogether. Ok.. Not really, but still!

(featurette's name may be wrong, and it might only be on Blu-Ray, which I own)

Please take note I'm not trying to be aggressive with this! I still think it's a good idea. :)

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

Crystallion12
02 Jan 2016, 15:02
Yeah, although I wouldn't be surprised, if say Hiccup gets the idea from the Dragon Eye. Besides, he would have to remove the crystal and all that projection stuff- not to mention, the size difference. In the end, he would be way better off just making it from scratch...

Oh. Wait... Ok, sorry I didn't say this before- 'Hiccup's inventions in flight' a feature the that came with the dad and blu-Ray, explains Toothless gear, his flight suit, and also... The concept of his blade, alongside the inside mechanics of the hilt... Yeah. I think it's safe to say they're completely seperate. But inspiration... That's a different story altogether. Ok.. Not really, but still!

(featurette's name may be wrong, and it might only be on Blu-Ray, which I own)

Please take note I'm not trying to be aggressive with this! I still think it's a good idea. :)
Toothless the nightfury
02 Jan 2016, 14:56
hcsp1
02 Jan 2016, 11:20
I think the Dragon's Eye is actually the hilt of Hiccup's fire blade from the second movie.
i dont think so

The size of it was my main reason for never over-thinking it. I know of the featurette you're talking about. Haven't seen it in a while, so I don't really remember it. I'll stick with my theory though that there might be a connection(Insperation maybe...)

Also, no offence taken :)

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

So theories huh, I've posted a few things about different odds and ends here and there in different topics, but I honestly don't want to go searching to find all of them. :P

So I'll just list off some basic ideas on the episode names.
Night of the Hunters: Part One & part two Possibly about our new villain brothers Viggo and Ryker. Or (and this is what I'm more inclined to think currently because of the word "Night" being used in the title) it could be about dragons more than likely a specific group possibly the Night Terrors. There is also the possibility it could be about that weredragon that was talked about awhile back. Which is why these episodes may come before Bad Moon Rising which may focus more on Tuffnut and his thinking he's becoming one.

The Zippleback Experience Is fairly simply going to be about Barf and Belch and zipplebacks in general, or the twins, or both, which I'm fine with.

Snow Way Out Will more than likely be revisiting the Snow Wraith for "insert reason here". Which again I'm absolutely fine with, was a fun dragon wouldn't mind seeing more of it. Could be something new but currently I doubt it.

Edge of Disaster, Part One & Part two I think the question here is how is Dragons Edge in trouble and by what or who. Will it be Dagur, the new villains, or some other threat. Personally I'm more inclined to think it will be Dagur, perhaps he may have found Dragons Edge. If it is Dagur I think this may be the last time we see him as we move onto the new villains.

Shock and Awe Is the one I'm curious about, considering it could be referencing the Skrill. In which case it goes along nicely with A Time to Skrill. But Shock and Awe is also a military doctrine which means to "Disable your enemy's will to fight by show of spectacular displays of force or power" Which could end up being our first encounter with the new villains, maybe.

Maces and Talons Part one & Part two Will also either be one of two things. It may end up being our final fight with Dagur or it could end up being the first major battle with the new villains. Could go either way really.

After that just a few small thoughts on how the show may eventually (Don't know if it will happen this season) write out Heather and Dagur. For Dagur I'd say he finally gets caught and thrown back in jail again. Or the show does the new villain beats old villain thing again, like they did for Dagur and Alvin. Terrible guesses I know, I just need more context before I can say anything concrete.(And I'm trying to be short) For Heather I really do think they're going to bring this line of Dagurs back into play "If you kill me now Heather you'll never know..." Which may end up as Dagur telling Heather he didn't kill her foster parents which sends her off looking for them. The show could also possibly use that same line to bring back Oswald the Agreeable saying Dagur never killed him and Heather again goes off looking for him, since that's her actual dad. I'm more looking at the former happening than the latter personally. Other than that I 'd say we'll get more on the wing suit scattered through out. I'm also hoping(and I do think we will) get at least some small thing on Hiccups fire sword Inferno during this next batch of episodes to.

See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Zero the ruthless
Master Skrill Trainer

^) I don't think Dagur is going to be gone so soon as I can't remember where but I read somewhere that he was going to play a big role in these upcoming series. Maybe im wrong but I don't feel they will get rid of him so soon.

Name: Shockwave
Class: Strike
Species: Skrill
Ability: Shock
Attack: 14
Speed: 11/unknown
Armor: 10
Fire Power: 12
Shot limit: 4 (recharges quick in a storm)
Venom: 0
Jaw strength: 5
Stealth: 18

Crystallion12

All maginifecent theories, my fellow

I must agree, something tells me Dagur will unfortunately still be around for a while- one more reason as to why I hope he'll get something... More, thrilling to him, if you will...

I honestly think what we need is more Dragon Riders- by that, I mean BAD Dragon Riders.

Formidable. Opponents. If that happens, I'll be so giddy... Well, I put them in my fan fictions for a reason!

Anywho... Only around 4 days to go, Dragonites!!! We can all start having mass fangirl attacks soon, my friends!!

Crystallion12.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Thanks to the interview that we just got on the main site, it would seem you're both right about Dagur being around for longer. I'm still not to sure how I feel about it personally, I mean if the writers do what I think they're going to do, then I do hope they pull it off. I just worry it may not work all that well.

On the topic of the interview it was really interesting to read it after doing this and getting a sense of what I got right and what I got wrong or was off about. Like the Shock and Awe episode, I had completely forgotten about the Seashocker (to be honest)and since the interview brought it up and said we'd be getting an episode about this dragon, I now think this is that episode. Another example would be the Edge of Disaster because of how the writers refer to Dagur in the interview, and since they make specific reference to this episode saying it will be "An episode where Astrid and Tuffnut have to work together as Dragons Edge is under siege". My idea changes somewhat the episode still may be about Dagur but it wont be the last time we see him, it could also be about a group of dragons doing something to the Dragons Edge.

It's really cool and I've always enjoyed changing ideas like this so quickly based off info and seeing what I get right or wrong after the fact. I'm really interested in coming back after watching all the episodes and seeing what I got right, wrong, or was close on.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

Hm. We did have a really long discussion about how tired Dagur's character was in the first batch of RTTE episodes, but maybe this slow transition out will be a good thing. I was pretty worried about the new villains showing up and just, for lack of a better word, wrecking him, but this leaves the possibility for some of his quirkiness (smacking, the trapper's traps, etc.) to return in the face of these really serious guys.
This gives us a chance to watch the Heather-Dagur relationship play out entirely, too. That surprise was one of my least favorite moments in the new episodes, so I'm interested to see if my view can be changed in the upcoming batch of the show.

The best Secret Odin GIF(t) ever, made for me by DeWhite! Thank you! :D