Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
"He's Not the Only One" AU
Topic Started: 02 May 2020, 16:11 (9267 Views)
NightLightNadderWhip
Night Fury, Light Fury, Deadly Nadder, Razorwhip hybrid

"I'm not going to kill you," Grimmel declared while removing his fingers from the crossbow's trigger.
"Then what?" questioned Ottar, even though he already knew the answer.
"You must be punished for your treachery." An evil smile spread across Grimmel's face. "And death is too good for you." He then turned to Drago. "I accept your deal."
Drago grunted. "Good."
Ottar glanced from Grimmel to Drago uneasily. "Deal?"
"None of your business," growled Drago.
"No, no," drawled Grimmel, "the boy deserves to know. He is a part of it after all." Turning back to Ottar, he explained, "You and your dragon will be taken into my custody, and in return, I will help Drago destroy the remaining Night Fury population."
Suddenly Ottar felt queasy.
"Take him away," Drago instructed Cadell.
The boy nodded, leading Ottar out of the room.
All form of PMs are turned strictly off, no exceptions, thank you for understanding.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

BooksAreLikeDragons
Deadly Nadder

"I'm not going to kill you," Magin told Agnar.
One of the arena guards walked up to him, holding a sword and shield to match those that Agnar had. Magin threw them on the ground and turned to face the crowd. "I won't fight."
Their cheering turned to shouts of outrage, and he saw another guard approaching him, holding some sort of collar lined with spikes on the inside, which were smeared with the purple Deathgripper venom that Cadell had drugged him with yesterday. He tried to run, but the man grabbed Magin and held him still as he attached the collar to his neck.
"One of the gifts from Grimmel," the Dragon Hunter said. "For delivering the traitor to him. He uses these on his Deathgrippers, and they work on people, too."
Magin could barely hear him. The spikes of the collar were stabbing into his neck, filling his bloodstream with the venom. His mind had gone blank, erasing his thoughts, until the only thing he was aware of was the opponent in front of him.
With a snarl, he grabbed his weapons and ran at Agnar, who brought his shield up to protect his body. Magin slammed the blade of his sword into the shield, again and again, with such force that Agnar kept being pushed towards the wall of the arena. His foot slipped in a puddle of blood from one of the earlier fights and he fell, landing on his back with his throat exposed.
Magin's mind screamed at him to kill his opponent, to stab the sword into his neck, but the small part of him which wasn't lost reminded him that he couldn't. He had promised himself that he would never kill anyone again.
Magin gritted his teeth and reached into his boot. Pulling out the needle filled with Deathgripper venom, he lifted it towards the air, then plunged it into Agnar's throat.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

โ€”Cressida Cowell, How to Fight a Dragon's Fury

๐–๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ. ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฆ๐ž. ๐€๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง๐ž.

NightLightNadderWhip

As he moved away from Drago's chamber the muffled voices of the two men inside got fainter and fainter. Ottar knew they were talking about him, and even though he couldn't quite make out what they were saying, he was aware that they were not pleasant things.
Cadell took him back to the cell he had been in before. "Grimmel will come by to pick you up later," he said.
Sighing, Ottar looked past Cadell at Venomjaw's cage. But there was no dragon inside. His eyes widened. "Where is Venomjaw?"
Cadell glanced back at the empty cage and shrugged.
Raising his voice, Ottar asked again, "Where is my dragon?"
Reaching for his bottle of Deathgripper venom, Cadell spat, "I said I don't know."
"But you do," countered Ottar.
"You're calling me liar?"
"Well," Ottar laughed, "it's the truth, spy."
With a growl, Cadell swiped the bottle of Deathgripper venom out. Plunging it between the bars of the cage, he attempted to inject it into Ottar's arm.
But Ottar fought back. Grabbing the boy's wrist he tried to push the injector out of the cage, and hopefully make Cadell sting himself instead.
Cadell was stronger than he looked. He held fast; although he wasn't able to get the needle any farther into the cage.
So Ottar tried a new tactic. Still gripping Cadell's wrist, he wrapped his fingers around the bottle with his free hand, trying to yank it out of the boy's grasp.
Cadell wasn't having it. Jerking his hand upward, a smug smile crossed his face as the needle pierced through Ottar's hand and the venom flowed into it.
Knowing he was defeated, Ottar let go, staggering backward as the venom started to take effect. The earth beneath his feet seemed to be moving and his head pounded with the force of a hammer. Sliding against the wall, he passed out in moments.
All form of PMs are turned strictly off, no exceptions, thank you for understanding.

NightLightNadderWhip

The faint little outline of New Berk had dissipated long ago. Fishlegs looked over his shoulder for the thousandth time, expecting to see nothing but water. To his surprise, three dragons were making their way towards him! It was Hiccup and Astrid and...well, whoever that third dragon rider was.
"Hiccup," he whispered when the three dragons had caught up with the rest, "is everything okay back at New Berk?"
Hiccup nodded. "This is Eira," he gestured to the woman on the back of a Night Fury-like dragon, "she's the one who came by. Her--" He cut himself off, not wanting to say anything Eira might rather keep private. "Um...Someone close to her was captured by Dragon Hunters." He decided to let her choose whether or not to tell the other Riders that Kelii was her sister.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

NightLightNadderWhip
18 Apr 2020, 21:13
Hiccup had listened intently to Eira's story. In a way, he realized, it was similar to his own. Looking down at Toothless made a smile spread across his face. "There are a few other tribes like ours," he told Eira, "but unfortunately there are still many more that don't take so kindly to dragons."
There was silence.
"I'm sorry about your sister," he added. "Some visitors to our island were just captured by Dragon Hunters as well. Our friends went out to track a ship that should lead us to their base. It seems like more than a coincidence that they and Kelii were captured on the same day. Astrid and I were going to catch up to the ship shortly; you can come with us if you'd like." He glanced over at Astrid to make sure she agreed with the invitation.
Dragonrider's Fury
19 Apr 2020, 00:24
Astrid still looked slightly dubious, but nodded her consent. Calling Stormfly to herself, she sprang lightly to the dragon's neck, as she had done countless times over the past six years.
"Come on. The sooner we get out there, the shorter it will take."

A saddened look grew into Eira's eyes. "How could anyone harm such magnificent creatures?" She wondered out loud gently stroking Toothless, before the black dragon hurried over to Hiccup.

Eira claimed on to the back of her dragon. "I would be most honored to travel with you. Rider will stay here and help look after New Berk while we are gone. Behind her Rider stepped up

"I will do my best to defend your home." He promised.

------
NightLightNadderWhip
11 May 2020, 22:21
The faint little outline of New Berk had dissipated long ago. Fishlegs looked over his shoulder for the thousandth time, expecting to see nothing but water. To his surprise, three dragons were making their way towards him! It was Hiccup and Astrid and...well, whoever that third dragon rider was.
"Hiccup," he whispered when the three dragons had caught up with the rest, "is everything okay back at New Berk?"
Hiccup nodded. "This is Eira," he gestured to the woman on the back of a Night Fury-like dragon, "she's the one who came by. Her--" He cut himself off, not wanting to say anything Eira might rather keep private. "Um...Someone close to her was captured by Dragon Hunters." He decided to let her choose whether or not to tell the other Riders that Kelii was her sister.
Eira rode along with the others in determination to help in any way. Her hair flew behind her, not exactly staying tied back as she planned, she needed just a tad of dragon saliva mixed with oil from the trees back home to keep it in tact, which she only had one of, and everyone knew pure dragon saliva didn't wash out.

"Are these friends of yours?" She asked eying the others who were on dragons. Shadow flew her a little closer to the Gronkle being gentle not to scare her as she spoke to the dragon letting her know Eira was a friend. "My Fishlegs," She said amused while giving Meatlug a small pet. "Your dragon is rather fond of you is she not? A very precious Gronkle you have"

She realized maybe some explanation could be useful, I am Eira, Chieftess of Ahtohallan. It is quite a pleasure to meet fellow dragon riders such as yourself,"
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

NightLightNadderWhip

At her first comment, Fishlegs glanced at Snotlout and the twins. Resisting the temptation to say, "More or less," he nodded.
Then, still beaming at the praise given to his dragon, he said, "It's a pleasure to meet you too, Ms. Eira."
Before any more introductions could take place, Hiccup spoke up. "Look!" He pointed to the horizon where the rough shape of an island was forming. "I think we just found out where the hunters are headed."
(Booky, I figure this is a good way to transition into Magin's part. Does that sound good?)

BooksAreLikeDragons
Deadly Nadder

(Yes, that's a good idea. I'll start writing his part tomorrow. :))
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

๐–๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ. ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฆ๐ž. ๐€๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง๐ž.

BooksAreLikeDragons
Deadly Nadder

Magin woke to the sound of men approaching his cell, their boots stomping on the floor. Perhaps they were coming to punish him for what he'd done in the arena. When he failed to kill Agnar, he had watched as one of the guards walked over to him, kicking him to check if he was dead, and he grunted in pain. The Dragon Hunter drew his sword, pulled the man's head back to expose his neck, and dragged the blade across his throat, killing him. After wiping the sword on Agnar's ragged tunic, he placed the weapon into its scabbard and took Magin back to his cell. By that point, the Deathgripper venom had begun to wear off, and Magin was returning to himself again, but he felt exhausted, the need for sleep overtaking him. The guard locked the door, leaving him in darkness, and Magin had closed his eyes, falling unconscious.
He looked up to see an old man standing before him, long fingers curled around the bars of the cell. His eyes were almost as pale as his hair, and they glittered as he smiled cruelly, seeing the collar around Magin's neck. "I see my Deathgripper venom works on people, too. Excellent."
Magin wasn't so thrilled. He realised that he was in the presence of Grimmel the Grisly, the self-proclaimed Night Fury killer, and he felt fear surge through him, realising why Ottar was so terrified of this man. He tried not to show how afraid he was. "Get this thing off me," he snarled.
To his surprise, the old dragon hunter nodded his white-haired head. "Of course. It will do nicely for the traitor," he said, glancing disdainfully at Ottar. He was lying in the opposite cell, slumped in unconsciousness. Someone โ€” probably Cadell โ€” had knocked him out at some point.
Grimmel turned towards a soldier. "Remove his collar," he ordered, and the man unlocked Magin's cell, entering the small space. His large fingers released the collar from around Magin's neck, and he handed it to Grimmel, who gestured to Ottar.
"Get up, traitor," one of the men snarled as he walked up to Ottar, delivering a kick in his ribs to wake him. He groaned and opened his eyes, which were glazed with sleep, but they quickly filled with terror when he realised what was happening. A soldier grabbed his hair and pulled him to his feet with brutal force, shoving him towards the hallway. Ottar walked forwards awkwardly, stumbling because of his bound hands, restrained with rope. Then he turned around to look at Magin, a desperate expression in his dark blue eyes. Please, help me. Do something โ€” anything.
"Do you know who your master truly is?" Magin asked one of the men holding Ottar.
"Shut your mouth," the soldier growled, but a sort of confused curiosity flickered across his face.
"He is a liar," Magin said.
A smile ghosted along Ottar's lips as he realised what Magin was going to do, and a murderous look filled Grimmel's eyes as he guessed the same thing. He opened his mouth, but Magin spoke first.
"He has been lying to you for this whole time. Your master would have you believe that he single-handedly wiped out the entire Night Fury population."
"Be silent, boy," Grimmel hissed.
The men stared at Magin, completely distracted, while Ottar reached for a dagger hanging from one of the soldiers' belts to cut his ropes with.
Magin continued. "But, in fact, he is descended from a long line of Night Fury killers. Do you actually believe that a few generations of men could destroy the most feared dragon species in the world? Of course not. There are other Night Furies out there."
Grimmel reached inside his tunic and brought out his crossbow, placing his finger on the trigger.
Magin turned to face him, throwing his arms out and displaying his chest. "Go on, kill me if you want, but it will change nothing. Your secret is out, Grimmel the Grisly. Everyone knows that you're a liar."

NightLightNadderWhip

Grimmel pursed his lips in a murderous yet pondering way, then swung back to face his hunters. "If you believe the word of this prisoner you can join the traitor in Valhalla!" he screamed. But it was too late, the doubt was obvious in their eyes.
And then the snapping of ropes penetrated the palpable silence of fear and uncertainty.
Ottar gave his former master a mocking smile and slipped through the masses that surrounded him.
"You fools!" howled Grimmel. "Get the boy!"
He didn't get far. A few feet into the chase, a hand snatched his neck, throwing him to the ground, and a boot was planted on his back. Turning his eyes to see who had caught him, he grimaced in disgust. Even in the dim light, the shock of fiery hair and short stature gave the hunter away. Cadell. He must have been hiding in the shadows the whole time like the snake that he was.
Seconds later, the hunters had him surrounded again, with all weapons drawn.
He glanced helplessly over at Magin. The boy had done all he could, and he was grateful for it. But he could always hope beyond hope that he had another trick up his sleeve.
He didn't. It was obvious by the devastated expression on his face.
"I wouldn't pull any more stunts if I were you. Or else your dragon will suffer for it." Grimmel gave Ottar a cruel smile.
Venomjaw! With everything that had just transpired, he had forgotten that his dragon was no longer caged, but in the hands of Grimmel the Grisly. Defeated, he sighed.
He was dragged to his feet and his hands were once again bound, this time with iron hand cuffs. Then a hunter stepped forward with the Deathgripper venom collar.
Struggling against the iron grip of his captors, he cried out, "You don't need that! I'll cooperate!"
But Grimmel just smiled. "Then consider it a gift for your cooperation." And the collar was secured around Ottar's neck.
Instantly, the needles jabbed themselves into his flesh, pumping the venom into his system.
He felt his feet shuffling along. He heard muffled voices. But everything seemed to be spinning. Nothing was clear. People were fuzzy. Walls were blurs. And not a thought entered his mind except to obey.

NightLightNadderWhip

Cadell watched the men lead their prisoner away. A traitor's life sure didn't seem promising.
He was about to leave when he remembered Magin. Curiosity overcame caution. After waiting a few minutes to make sure the hunters were out of earshot, he stepped clear of the shadows and approached the boy's cell. "You're a slave--well, you were a slave, right?" he asked in almost a whisper. "But you ran away. Why? I mean, wouldn't something similar happen to you if you were caught?" He gestured towards the dark hallway Ottar had been lead down.